1. Constable, G.A., and Bange, M.P. 2015. The yield potential of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Field Crops Research., 182: 98-106.
2. Akbari Nodehi, D. 2010. The Effect of Different Water Quantities on Yield, Water Use efficiency and Cotton Yield Function inMazandaran Province, Iran. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and Production Science., 21/2(1): 103-111. (In Persian with English abstract)
3. Bednarz, C.W., Don Shurley, W., Anthony, W.S., and Nichols, R.L. 2005. Yield, quality, and profitability of cotton produced at varying plant densities. Agronomy Journal., 97: 235-240.
4. Boquet, D.J. 2005. Cotton in ultra-narrow spacing: plant density and nitrogen fertilizer rates. Agronomy Journal., 97: 279-287.
5. Bozbek, T., Sezner, V., and Unay, A. 2006. The effect of sowing date and planting density on cotton yield. J. Agron., 5: 122-125.
6. Ghorbani Nasrabad, Gh., and Hezarjaribi, A. 2010. Cotton response to deficit irrigation during different growth stages. J. Plant Prod., 17(4): 129-141. (In Persian)
7. Dhandhalya, M.G., and Shiyani, R.I. 2009. Production potentials, yield gaps and research prioritization of production constraints in major oilseed crops of saurashtra region. Indian J. Agric. Res., 43: 18-25.
8. Annual agricultural statistics. Ministry of Jihad-e-Agriculture of Iran. 2014. Available from: http://www.maj.ir (In Persian)
9. Ghajari, A., Miri, A.A., Zanghi, M.R., and Soltani, S. 2011. Determination of optimum planting arrangement and plant density of early cotton varieties after canola Harvesting. Elect. J. Crop Prod., 4(4): 103-121. (In Persian)
10. Glenn, D. 1992. Sampling the Evidence of Extension Program Impact. Program Evaluation and Organizational Development, IFAS, University of Florida. PEOD-5. October.
11. ICAC. 2013. World Apparel Fibre Consumption Survey. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and International Cotton Advisory Committee. <https://www.icac.org/cotton info/publications/statistics/world-apparel-survey/FAO-ICAC-Survey-2013-Update-and-2011-Text.pdf/>.
12. Hajjarpoor, A., Soltani, A., and Torabi, B. 2015. Using boundary line analysis in yield gap studies: Case study of wheat in Gorgan. Elect. J. Crop Prod., 8(4): 183-201.
13. Hearn, A.B. 1986. Effect of preceding crop on the nitrogen requirements of irrigated cotton on a vertisol. Field Crop. Res., 13: 159-175.
14. Zhi, X.Y., Han, Y.C., LI, Y.B., Wang, G.P., DU, W.L., LI, X.X., MAO, S.C., and Lu, F. 2016. Effects of plant density on cotton yield components and quality. J. Integr. Agric., 15(7): 1469-1479.
15. Wang, X., Tang, C., Guppy, C.T., and Sale, P.W.G. 2010. Cotton, Wheat and white lupin differ in phosphorus acquisition from sparingly soluble sources. Environ. Exp. Bot., 69: 267-272.
16. Khajehpour, M. 2006. Principles and Basics of Agronomy. Iranian Academic Center for Education, Branch of Isfahan University of Technology Publishing, 398p.
17. Tasistro, A. 2012. Use of Boundary lines in Field Diagnosis and Research for Mexican Farmers. Better Crops., 96(2): 11-13.
18. Lobell, D.B., Cassman, K.G., and Field, C.B. 2009. Crop yield gaps: their importance, magnitudes, and causes. annual Rev. Environ. Resour., 34: 179-204.
19. Makowski, D., Doré, T., and Monod, H. 2007. A new method to analyse relationships between yield components with boundary lines. Agron. Sustain. Dev., 27: 119-128.
20. Zhang, D., Zhang, L., Liu, J., Han, S., Wang, Q., Evers, J., Liu, J., Werf, W., and Li, L. 2014. Plant density affects light interception and yield in cotton grown as companion crop in young jujube plantations. Field Crops Res., 169: 132-139.
21. Jafaraghaei, M., and Jalali, A.H. 2014. The effects of different amounts of nitrogen and phosphorus in early cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) cultivar. Agron. J. 102: 205-212. (In Persian)
22. Pereira, L.S., Paredes, P., Sholpankulov, E.D., Inchenkova, O.P., Teodoro, P.R., and Horst, M.G. 2009. Irrigation scheduling strategies for cotton to cope with water scarcity in the Fergana Valley, Central Asia. Agric. Water Manag., 96(5): 723–735.
23. Pettigrew, W.T. 2004. Moisture deficit effects on cotton lint yield, yield components and boll distribution. Agron. J., 96: 377-383.
24. Banneheka, B., Dhanushika, M., Wijesuriya, W., and Herath, K. 2013. A linear programming approach to fitting an upper quadratic boundary line to natural rubber data. J. Nati. Sci., 41: 13-20.
25. Siebert, J.D., Stewart, A.M., and Leonard, B.R. 2006. Comparative growth and yield of cotton grown at various densities and configurations. Agron. J., 98: 562–568.
26. Sohrabi Mashkabadi, B. 2010. Determination of yield and cost function equation of new variety cotton "Sepid" in sprinkler irrigation. Elect. J. Cotton Fibre Crops., 1(1): 13-20. (In Persian)
27. Soltani, A., and Galeshi, S. 2002. Importance of rapid canopy closure for wheat production in a temperature sub-humid environment: experimentation and simulation. Field Crops Res., 77: 17-30.
28. Soltani, A., and Torabi, B. 2014. Design and Analysis of Agricultural Experiments. Jahad Daneshgahi of Mashhad Press. 430p.
29. Soltani, A. 2009. Mathematical Modeling in Field Crops. JDM Press, Mashhad, Iran.175p. (In Persian with English abstract)
30. Hakoomat, A., Muhammad Naveed, A., Shakeel, A., and Dilbaugh, M. 2009. Effect of cultivars and sowing dates on yield and quality of Gossypium hirsutum L. crop J. Food, Agric. Environ., 7(3): 244-247.
31. Van Ittersum, M.K., Cassman, K.G., Grassini, P., Wolf, J., Tittonell, P., and Hochman, Z. 2013. Yield gap analysis with local to global relevance A review. Field Crop. Res., 143: 4-17.
32. Hengsdijk, H., and Langeveld, J.W.A. 2009. Yield Trends and Yield Gap Analysis of Majorcrops in the World. Wageningen, Wettelijke Onderzoekstaken Natuur and Milieu, 60p.
33. Wang, N., Jassogne, L., Van Asten, P.J.A., Mukasa, D., Wanyama, I., Kagezi, G., and Giller, K.E. 2015. Evaluating coffee yield gaps and important biotic, abiotic, and management factors limiting coffee production in Uganda. Europ. J. Agron., 63: 1-11.
34. Wrather, J.A., Phipps, B.J., Stevens, W.E., Phillips, A.S., and Vories, E.D. 2008. Cotton planting date and plant population effect on yield and fiber quality in the Mississippi Delta. The J. Cotton Sci., 12: 1-7.
35. Tittonell, P., Shepherd, K.D., Vanlauwe, B., and Giller, K.E. 2008. Unravelling the effects of soil and crop management on maize productivity in smallholder agricultural systems of western Kenya an application of classification and regression tree analysis. Agric., Ecosyst. Environ., 123: 137-150.
36. Fermont, A.M., Van Asten, P.J.A., Tittonell, P., van Wijk, M.T., and Giller, K.E. 2009. Closing the cassava yield gap: an analysis from smallholder farms in East Africa. Field Crops Res., 112: 24–36.
37. Grassini, P., Hall, A.J., and Mercau, J.L. 2009. Benchmarking sunflower water
productivity in semiarid environments. Field Crops Res., 110: 251-262.
38. Wairegi, L.W.I., Van Asten, P.J.A., Tenywa, M.M., and Bekuna, M.A. 2010. Abiotic constraints override biotic constraints in East African highland banana systems. Field Crops Res., 117: 146-153.
39. Hochman, Z., Carberry, P.S., Robertson, M.J., Gaydon, D.S., Bell, L.W., and McIntosh, P.C. 2012. Prospects for ecological intensification of Australian agriculture. Europ. J. Agron., 44: 109-123.
40. Lark, R.M., and Milne, A.E. 2016. Boundary line analysis of the effect of water-filled pore space on nitrous oxide emission from cores of arable soil. Europ. J. Soil Sci., 67: 148-159.
41. Main, C.L., Tomas Barber, L., Boman, R.K., Chapman, K., Dodds, D.M., Duncan, S., and Bronson, K.F. 2013. Effects of Nitrogen and planting seed size on cotton growth, development, and yield. Agron. J., 105(6): 1853-1859.
42. Elum, Z.A., and Sekar, C. 2015. An empirical study of yield gap in seed cotton production in Tamil Nadu state, India. Indian J. Agric. Res., 49(6): 549-553.
43. Mondal, M.H. 2011. Causes of yield gaps and strategies for minimizing the gaps in different crops of Bangladesh. Bangl. J. Agric. Res, 36: 469-479.