1. Bahrani, A., and Tahmasebi Sarvestani, Z. 2007. Effect of Rate and Times of Nitrogen
Application on Accumulation and Remobilization Efficiency of Flag Leaf in Two Wheat
Cultivars. J., Sci. Technol. Agric. Nat. Resour., 11: 147-155. (In Persian)
2. Bazargani, M.M., Hajirezaei, M.-R., Salekdeh, G.H., Bushehri, A.-A.S., Falahati-Anbaran,
M., Moradi, F., Naghavi, M.-R., and Ehdaie, B. 2012. A view on the role of metabolites in
enhanced stem reserves remobilization in wheat under drought during grain filling. Aust J.
Crop Sci., 6: 1613.
3. Bazargani, M.M., Sarhadi, E., Bushehri, A.-A.S., Matros, A., Mock, H.-P., Naghavi, M.-R.,
Hajihoseini, V., Mardi, M., Hajirezaei, M.-R., and Moradi, F. 2011. A proteomics view on
the role of drought-induced senescence and oxidative stress defense in enhanced stem
reserves remobilization in wheat. J. Proteomics., 74: 1959-1973.
4. Blum, A. 1998. Improving wheat grain filling under stress by stem reserve mobilisation.
Euphytica., 100: 77-83.
5. Blum, A., Sinmena, B., Mayer, J., Golan, G., and Shpiler, L. 1994. Stem reserve
mobilisation supports wheat-grain filling under heat stress. Funct. Plant Biol., 21: 771-781.
6. Bonnett, G., and Incoll, L. 1993. Effects on the stem of winter barley of manipulating the
source and sink during grain-filling II. Changes in the composition of water-soluble
carbohydrates of internodes. J. Exp. Bot., 44: 83-91.
7. Borrell, A.K., Incoll, L., and Dalling, M.J. 1993. The influence of the Rht1 and Rht2 alleles
on the deposition and use of stem reserves in wheat. Ann. Bot., 71: 317-326.
8. Borrell, A.K., Incoll, L., Simpson, R.J., and Dalling, M.J. 1989. Partitioning of dry matter
and the deposition and use of stem reserves in a semi-dwarf wheat crop. Ann. Bot., 63: 527-
9. Boyer, J. 1970. Leaf enlargement and metabolic rates in corn, soybean, and sunflower at
various leaf water potentials. Plant Physiol., 46: 233-235.
10. Davidson, D., and Chevalier, P. 1992. Storage and remobilization of water-soluble
carbohydrates in stems of spring wheat. Crop Sci., 32: 186-190.
11. De Vita, P., Nicosia, O.L.D., Nigro, F., Platani, C., Riefolo, C., Di Fonzo, N., Cattivelli, L.
2007. Breeding progress in morpho-physiological, agronomical and qualitative traits of
durum wheat cultivars released in Italy during the 20th century. Eur. J. Agron., 26: 39-53.
12. Ehdaie, B., Alloush, G., Madore, M., and Waines, J. 2006. Genotypic variation for stem
reserves and mobilization in wheat: I. postanthesis changes in internode dry matter. Crop
Sci., 46: 735-747.
13. Ehdaie, B., Alloush, G., and Waines, J. 2008. Genotypic variation in linear rate of grain
growth and contribution of stem reserves to grain yield in wheat. Field Crops Res., 106: 34-
14. FAO; Food and Agriculture Organization. (2006) National strategy and action plan on
drought preparedness, management and mitigation in the agricultural sector: Iran. Terminal
statement prepared for the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran by the food and
agriculture organization of the United Nations. Cairo, Egypt, P/JOR/3001.
15. Gent, M.P. 1994. Photosynthate reserves during grain filling in winter wheat. Agron. J., 86:
16. Gupta, A.K., Kaur, K., and Kaur, N. 2011. Stem reserve mobilization and sink activity in
wheat under drought conditions. Am. J. Plant Sci., 2: 70-77.
17. Hörtensteiner, S., and Feller, U. 2002. Nitrogen metabolism and remobilization during
senescence. J. Exp. Bot., 53: 927-937.
18. Jafarnezhad, A., Aghaie, H., and Najafian, G. 2013. Effective traits on grain yield of wheat
genotypes under optimal irrigation and drought stress during reproductive phase. J. Appl.
Crop Breed., 1: 1.11-22. (In Persian)
19. Jaleel, C.A., Manivannan, P., Kishorekumar, A., Sankar, B., Gopi, R., Somasundaram, R.,
and Panneerselvam, R. 2007. Alterations in osmoregulation, antioxidant enzymes and indole
alkaloid levels in Catharanthus roseus exposed to water deficit. Colloids Surf B., 59: 150-
20. Joudi, M., Ahmadi, A., Mohamadi, V., Abbasi, A., Vergauwen, R., Mohammadi, H., and
Van den Ende, W. 2012. Comparison of fructan dynamics in two wheat cultivars with
different capacities of accumulation and remobilization under drought stress. Physiol Plant.,
21. Lichtenthaler, H.K. 1987. Chlorophyll fluorescence signatures of leaves during the autumnal
chlorophyll breakdown. J. Plant Physiol., 131: 101-110.
22. Lin, K.-C., Jwo, W.-S., Chandrika, N., Wu, T.-M., Lai, M.-H., Wang, C.-S., and Hong, C.-Y.
2016. A rice mutant defective in antioxidant-defense system and sodium homeostasis
possesses increased sensitivity to salt stress. Bio., Plant., 60: 86-94.
23. Maghsoudi, M.A., and Islami, M. 2011. The effect of water stress on remobilization of preanthesis
stored assimilates to grains in wheat. J. Plant Physiol. Breed., 1: 25-38.
24. Mojtabaie Zamani, M., Nabipour, M., and Meskarbashee, M. 2013. Evaluation of stem
soluble carbohydrate accumulation and remobilization in spring bread wheat genotypes
under terminal heat stress conditions in Ahwaz in Iran. Iran J. Crop Sci., 15: 3.277-294. (In
25. Nie, G., Long, S., Garcia, R., Kimball, B., Lamorte, R., Pinter, P., Wall, G., and Webber, A.
1995. Effects of free‐air CO2 enrichment on the development of the photosynthetic
apparatus in wheat, as indicated by changes in leaf proteins. Plant Cell Environ., 18: 855-
26. Plaut, Z., Butow, B., Blumenthal, C., and Wrigley, C. 2004. Transport of dry matter into
developing wheat kernels and its contribution to grain yield under post-anthesis water deficit
and elevated temperature. Field Crop Res., 86: 185-198.
27. Prochazkova, D., Sairam, R., Srivastava, G., and Singh, D. 2001. Oxidative stress and
antioxidant activity as the basis of senescence in maize leaves. Plant Sci., 161: 765-771.
28. Rajaram, S., Braun, H.-J., and Van Ginkel, M. 1996. CIMMYT's approach to breed for
drought tolerance. Euphytica., 92: 147-153.
29. Reddy, A.R., Chaitanya, K.V., and Vivekanandan, M. 2004. Drought-induced responses of
photosynthesis and antioxidant metabolism in higher plants. J. Plant Physiol., 161: 1189-
30. Rezaei Morad Aali, M., Eivazi, A.R., Mohammadi, S., and Shir-Alizadeh, Sh. 2013. Effect
of drought stress on dry matter remobilization and grain yield of winter bread wheat
genotypes. Iran J. Crop Sci., 15: 3.262-276. (In Persian)
31. Saeidi, M., and Moradi, F. 2011. Effect of post-anthesis water stress on remobilization of
soluble carbohydrates from peduncle and penultimate internodes to the developing grains of
two bread wheat cultivars. Iran J. Crop Sci., 13: 3.548-564. (In Persian)
32. Scofield, G.N., Ruuska, S.A., Aoki, N., Lewis, D.C., Tabe, L.M., and Jenkins, C.L. 2009.
Starch storage in the stems of wheat plants: localization and temporal changes. Ann. Bot.,
33. Sharbatkhari, M., Galeshi, S., Sadat Shobbar, Z., Soltani, A., and Nakhoda, B. 2013.
Evaluation of physiological traits related to wheat stem reserve remobilization under
terminal salinity. Electron. J. Crop Prod., 7: 1.25-44. (In Persian)
34. Sharma-Natu, P., and Ghildiyal, M. 2005. Potential targets for improving photosynthesis and
crop yield. Curr. Sci., 88: 1918-1928.
35. Singh, N., and Balyan, H. 2009. Induced mutations in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)
CV.” Kharchia 65” for reduced plant height and improve grain quality traits. Adv. Biol. Res.,
36. Spano, G., Di Fonzo, N., Perrotta, C., Platani, C., Ronga, G., Lawlor, D., Napier, J., and
Shewry, P. 2003. Physiological characterization of ‘stay green’mutants in durum wheat. J.
Exp. Bot., 54: 1415-1420.
37. Tahir, I., and Nakata, N. 2005. Remobilization of nitrogen and carbohydrate from stems of
bread wheat in response to heat stress during grain filling. J. Agron. Crop. Sci., 191: 106-
38. Thomas, H., Ougham, H., Canter, P., and Donnison, I. 2002. What stay‐green mutants tell us
about nitrogen remobilization in leaf senescence. J. Exp. Bot., 53: 801-808.
39. Trethowan, R., and Mujeeb-Kazi, A. 2008. Novel germplasm resources for improving
environmental stress tolerance of hexaploid wheat. Crop Sci., 48: 1255-1265.
40. Tuberosa, R., and Salvi, S. 2006. Genomics-based approaches to improve drought tolerance
of crops. Trends Plant Sci., 11: 405-412.
41. Wardlaw, I., and Willenbrink, J. 2000. Mobilization of fructan reserves and changes in
enzyme activities in wheat stems correlate with water stress during kernel filling. New
Phytol., 148: 413-422.
42. Wardlaw, I.F., and Willenbrink, J. 1994. Carbohydrate storage and mobilisation by the culm
of wheat between heading and grain maturity: the relation to sucrose synthase and sucrosephosphate
synthase. Funct. Plant Biol., 21: 255-271.
43. Wei, W., Bilsborrow, P.E., Hooley, P., Fincham, D.A., Lombi, E., and Forster, B.P. 2003.
Salinity induced differences in growth, ion distribution and partitioning in barley between
the cultivar Maythorpe and its derived mutant Golden Promise. Plant Soil., 250: 183-191.
44. Wingler, A., Quick, W., Bungard, R., Bailey, K., Lea, P., and Leegood, R. 1999. The role of
photorespiration during drought stress: an analysis utilizing barley mutants with reduced
activities of photorespiratory enzymes. Plant Cell Environ., 22: 361-373.
45. Xu, S., Chu, C., Harris, M., and Williams, C. 2010. Comparative analysis of genetic
background in eight near-isogenic wheat lines with different H genes conferring resistance to
Hessian fly. Genome., 54: 81-89.
46. Yang, J., and Zhang, J. 2006. Grain filling of cereals under soil drying. New Phytol., 169:
47. Yang, J., Zhang, J., Huang, Z., Zhu, Q., and Wang, L. 2000. Remobilization of carbon
reserves is improved by controlled soil-drying during grain filling of wheat. Crop Sci., 40:
48. Yang, J., Zhang, J., Wang, Z., Zhu, Q., and Liu, L. 2004. Activities of fructan-and sucrosemetabolizing
enzymes in wheat stems subjected to water stress during grain filling. Planta.,
49. Zadoks, J.C., Chang, T.T., and Konzak, C.F. 1974. A decimal code for the growth stages of
cereals. Weed Res., 14: 415-421.